PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-au/resources/policies
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com.
Privacy is Important especially when you consider the number of ways we communicate and interact these days. That’s why we’ve put together this statement. It explains how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and who we share it with.
And because it’s guided by privacy laws, you can be sure it takes your rights seriously.
Above all, this statement is your assurance that we never take your privacy for granted and always take the utmost care in protecting your personal information.
Shannons Pty Limited is a member of the Suncorp Group, which we’ll refer to simply as “the Group”.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We collect personal information so that we can:
- identify you
- understand your requirements and provide you with access to Shannons Club;
- set up, administer and manage the Shannons Club, including providing you with information and access to the Shannons Club;
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services and products via the ways we communicate with you.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T GIVE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If we ask for your personal information and you don’t give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to Shannons Club.
HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information directly from you and, in some cases, from other people or organisations. We also provide your personal information to other related companies in the Group, and they may disclose or use your personal information for the purposes described in ‘Why do we collect personal information?’ in relation to products and services they may provide to you. They may also use your personal information to help them provide products and services to other customers, but they’ll never disclose your personal information to another customer without your consent.
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are related, where you would reasonably expect us to. We may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
- any of our Group joint ventures where authorised or required;
- customer, product, business or strategic research and development organisations;
- data warehouse, strategic learning organisations, data partners, analytic consultants;
- social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information;
- publicly available sources of information;
- clubs, associations, member loyalty or rewards programs and other industry relevant organisations;
- a third party that we’ve contracted to provide financial services, financial products or administrative services – for example:
- information technology providers,
- administration or business management services, consultancy firms, auditors and business management consultants,
- marketing agencies and other marketing service providers,
- claims management service providers,
- print/mail/digital service providers, and
- imaging and document management services;
- vehicle manufacturers, parts and accessory providers, other providers servicing the enthusiast market
- any promoter or organiser running a competition or promotion or ancillary service associated with competition or promotion;
- accounting or finance professionals and advisers;
- government, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies;
- legal and any other professional advisers or consultants;
- any other organisation or person, where you’ve asked them to provide your personal information to us or asked us to obtain personal information from them.
We’ll use a variety of methods to collect your personal information from, and disclose your personal information to, these persons and organisations, including written forms, telephone calls and via electronic delivery. We may collect and disclose your personal information to these persons and organisations during the information life cycle, regularly, or on an ad hoc basis, depending on the purpose of collection.
From time to time and in limited circumstances, we may contact you for employment opportunities within the Group if we feel that you may be interested in the role and a suitable candidate.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OUR MARKETING PRACTICES
Every now and then, we and any related companies that use the Shannons brand might let you know – including via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online – about news, special offers, products and services that you might be interested in. We will engage in marketing unless you tell us otherwise. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences at any time.
In order to carry out our direct marketing we collect your personal information from and disclose it to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services (you can see the full list of persons and organisations under ‘How we handle your personal information’). We may also collect your personal information for marketing through competitions and by purchasing contact lists.
We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from you or others, with the information we, or companies in our Group, or our service providers already hold about you. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance to you.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR MAKE A COMPLAINT
For more information about our privacy practices including overseas disclosure or to tell us about your marketing preferences you can: